Baccarat is one of the simplest casino card games to play, but it is also one of the most glamorous and visible games in many casinos.
Here are ten baccarat tips that will help you look like a professional and improve your chances of winning:
- Only gamble with “excess” money, not with money that you need for everyday living expenses. This is the most important of all baccarat tips.
- Ignore anyone who claims to have professional baccarat tips that will help you develop a winning strategy. The game is governed by strict rules that allow for no choices by either the dealer or the players. Therefore, you are at the mercy of lady luck with little ability to improve your odds of winning.
- The house has a relatively small advantage on most of the bets in American baccarat. The wager on the bank has a slightly better advantage for you. If you’re playing with an 8-deck shoe, the house advantage on this bet is just a little over 1%.
- The next most attractive bet is a wager on the player. Again, if you’re playing with an 8-deck shoe, the house advantage on this bet is only about 1.24%.
- If you want to simply avoid the bet with the worst odds in baccarat, do not bet on a tie. Even though the payout of 9 to 1 may sound attractive, the fact is that the house still has a commanding advantage of around 6%.
- Your odds will either improve or worsen if you find a game being played with fewer than 8 decks. In a one-deck game, for example, the house advantage on a wager on the bank drops slightly, the house advantage on a wager on the player goes up slightly, and the house advantage on a wager on a tie goes up dramatically.
- If you’re looking for baccarat tips, the tip you’ll receive most frequently in Europe is to use the “Avant Dernier” system. When betting on the current hand, go back to the winner of the hand before the last one and bet on that winner, either banker or player.
- While the Martingale system is a negative progression system that is sure to leave you broke over the long term, you might give it a try for a medium-long period of playing baccarat. Simply put, when you lose a bet with your standard betting unit, double the amount of the bet on the next hand. When you win a hand, go back to the standard betting unit for the next hand.
- Positive progression systems to manage money are more optimistic baccarat tips. Here, every time you win a hand, increase the size of your bet by 50% on the next hand. When you lose, go back to your standard betting unit.
- Look for a game where the house charges you less for the privilege of playing. The standard commission charged by the house is usually 5%. But if you take some time to look around, you may be able to find gaming establishments, both live and on the internet, that will charge a lower percentage of your winnings. You may find live games charging commissions of as little as 4.0%, and internet sites have been known to impose commissions of as little as 2.75%.
Remember to approach baccarat with a cool head and never bet more than you can afford to lose.
These tips by Deltin7 will help you play baccarat more strategically and potentially increase your chances of winning.